A meal that will truly make your weekend. Comprised of the best two things: warmth and comfort.
And it’s a strikingly adorable and delicious dish, even you can’t say no to a second helping.
Did I also mention it’s dairy-free?
Chicken Pot Pie
A comfort food favourite. Creamy chicken and vegetable filling, topped with puff pastry.
Write a review
- 1 white onion
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1 cube of chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup coconut creamer
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 rolls puff pastry (or you can make your own)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp poultry herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dice all of your veggies and chicken into cubes.
- Boil your carrots, celery, onions and garlic in a big pot.
- Then add your diced chicken, potatoes and sweet peas.
- While your veggies and chicken cook, roll out your puff and cut your puff pastry crusts to fit over top of your mini cocotte by placing the cocotte over the pastry and cut around. You can also use ramekins or deep dish pie pans if you don't have cocottes.
- Remove the boiled water from your veggies and chicken while leaving about 1.5 cups of the leftover boiled water.
- Add the turmeric, poultry seasoning and chicken broth cube, then mix the pot.
- Taking a mixing bowl, add your flour, coconut milk and creamer together and whisk until it becomes slurry.
- Pour into your pot of veggie and chicken and let it cook until thickened.
- Add chili flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Fill your cocottes to the rim with your creamy veggie and chicken.
- Lay your puff pastry over top of the cocottes, ensuring it covers the edges.
- Lightly brush with egg over the pastry.
- Using a fork, press down the edges of pastry around the rim of the cocottes.
- With a knife, cut 4 slits over top of the pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up and golden.
- For garnishing, I sprinkled some poultry herb seasoning and sea salt.
- My Staub cocottes are ceramic but cast icon also works too.
Pinch of Chic https://www.pinchofchic.com/
SHOP MY POST: